Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Print stops randomly, and unloads filament

Posted by F0xdude 
Print stops randomly, and unloads filament
August 22, 2016 03:06PM
I own a makerfarm pegasus 8 inch 3d printer with a lite6 hotend. I have been starting to have a problem when printing. Randomly when, the printer is printing, it stops, and the extruder begins pushing filament out the top of the extruder. I have witness this happen with PETG and PLA. I have tried adjusting the spring tension on the extruder, speed, and extruder temp, and still find the same problem. Also, randomly during the print, my printer decides to move away from the print, and come back to printing. This leaves strings on the outside of my print. This makes me think it is an extruder problem.

The PETG I used is inland. I print 30mm/s at 240c and sliced with slic3r 0.99

Thank you in advance for the help!
Re: Print stops randomly, and unloads filament
August 22, 2016 03:11PM
Id try to download and get the latest Marlin firmware adjusted to your printer.
I also have a Makerfarm and its by far the best thing ive done with it. The firmware loaded from Makerfarm doesnt have the latest and greatest. Although maybe thats changed since I bought mine. I have an 8" i3 and its alright but it still leaves me wanting a better printer.
August 22, 2016 05:08PM
That seemed to fix it. Thanks for the suggestion
August 23, 2016 09:38AM
No worries. When I bought my printer I told Makerfarm about keeping that up to date but I guess it fell on deaf ears.
August 24, 2016 11:42AM
It started happening again. I updated my firmware, and it worked for about 6 hours then started spitting filament back out of the extruder. I have no idea why this happens so randomly.
August 24, 2016 12:03PM
Check your stepper motor wires and connectors, I have that happened to me last year and it was a faulty wire connector at the stepper motor.
August 24, 2016 02:41PM
Alright, I just replaced one of my z motors with the extruder motor. I started a print. Crossing my fingers!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login