Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CL260 printing slanted

Posted by Goose_A320 
CL260 printing slanted
August 02, 2016 05:25PM
Hi guys !

I'm new to 3D printing, but having assembled my CL260 printer gave me a lot of experience. In general I'm quite happy with the printer and the results, however, all my printings are slanted on the Y axis (see attached photo). This is what I've tried so far:

- printing from different slicers (Cura and Repetier, from 2 different computers) -> no change
- printing from an SD card with the STL sliced by a friend -> no changes
- checked all pulleys and stepper connections, aligned the axis, tightened the belts (pulleys are definitely not skipping, made a mark with a sharpie in all of them and they are tight in place) -> no results
- aligned Z axis to be absolutely perpendicular to X & Y -> still nothing
- uploaded fresh firmware -> slight improvement, but it's still slanted
- lowered the steppers current -> still no changes.

So, I'm out of options. I looked all over for suggestions, followed as many as I could, and I'm still stuck with slanted parts. I'm open to any ideas

Regards
Attachments:
open | download - 20160801_233523 (Medium).jpg (122.3 KB)
open | download - 20160801_234732 (Medium).jpg (139 KB)
Re: CL260 printing slanted
August 03, 2016 12:04AM
What kind of speed are you printing at?
August 03, 2016 03:00AM
Hi ... I tried usually on the lower speed range:

Print speed 20 - 35 mm/s
Outer perimeter speed 20 - 35 mm/s
Infill speed 25 - 53 mm/s
Travel speed 150 mm/s

I guess if I tried faster than that I might get worse results, am I right ?
August 04, 2016 12:56AM
That's for sure.

The only things that comes to my mind is axis binding (not parallel) or if the rods turn with the pulleys and your axis slide on bushings, they might be locking against a bent rod? Or uneven diameter rod, the last possibility is underpowered steppers, not enough from the power supply or not well adjusted stepper driver.
August 04, 2016 07:52AM
Novel.
You would have thought it was that the z guides are not square to the Y but you have checked that. Worth another look with fresh eyes - ensure its the guides that are square and your not checking drive screws.
Are you using auto levelling? Is the bed level ?
A picture of the machine may help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login