Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trouble With Ramps 1.4 Board...

Posted by Josh4675 
Trouble With Ramps 1.4 Board...
July 26, 2016 03:48PM
Hey all!
I'm afraid I'm having trouble with my Ramps board. Particularly the z axis. My Z axis only moves one way and that's up. I have tried switching the Z axis plug to the Y axis and it moves both ways. If I plug the y axis plug into the Z axis port then the Y axis only moves one way. I have tried switching drivers but it isn't the drivers that's causing the problem. is this a firmware problem or is my board broken.
Thanks, Josh
Re: Trouble With Ramps 1.4 Board...
July 26, 2016 03:51PM
Firmware. It's probably thinking it's hit a software endstop.

[www.instructables.com]

Try here, start from the beginning but page 3 sounds like it's where you're running into an issue.

Configuring Marlin firmware in Arduino IDE
Open the Configuration.h file/sketch/tab and scroll Down to the @section homing - around line 330 or so.

Make sure you do not have 2 // in front of #define ENDSTOPPULLUPS. If you have, then remove them, upload the firmware to your printer and redo the tests we just did in Pronterface.

Note: remmeber you have to discconnect in Pronterface before uploading firmware or you will get an error in Arduino IDE
Re: Trouble With Ramps 1.4 Board...
July 26, 2016 04:16PM
Sorry for not telling you this. I have a printer with no endstops. I have endstops just not connected. I'm not sure how to connect the four pins to the Ramps 1.4 board.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2016 04:24PM by Josh4675.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login