Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Filament Extruding Problem

Posted by GreatBazunka 
Filament Extruding Problem
July 26, 2016 12:55PM
I am having an issue that i hope you can assist me with. For some reason when i put the PLA filament in and move the extruder from the control panel, the plastic comes out just fine. But when i try to print a job, the filament just moves forward a bit and then snaps back as if the extruder is beginning to pull it then letting it go. I watched by marking the filament and it never progresses forward. Again, it extrudes just fine when moving the extruder through the printers LCD interface. Any ideas on what could be wrong? I am driving myself crazy with this problem.

Just my two cents, but it seems to me that when the machine is using more electricity moving all of the parts during the print it doesnt have enough to successfully move the filament forward. Maybe thats why the extruder works fine when it is being controlled on its own... I tried adjusting the voltage pot for the extruder but i dont want to mess with it too much because the last time i did, i fried the driver.
Re: Filament Extruding Problem
July 26, 2016 02:55PM
The nozzle may be too close to the bed for the first layer and not letting any melted filament to come out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login