Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

weird homing and zeroing issue

Posted by Nickmoves84 
weird homing and zeroing issue
July 09, 2016 03:43PM
First off I apologize if I'm putting this in the wrong place or repeating a question that's already been answered. I looked for a while and couldn't find anything that resembles my specific problem. Also I'm very new to this so pardon my ignorance.

So here's the deal...

I made a printer from scratch and am having trouble with all axes not homing all the way. Everything seems to move just fine but when I try to home any axis it will move about 20 mm towards the home position, retract, and stop. It's like it thinks that it hit the endstop but it didn't. It even zeroes out on the LCD so I know this has to be a firmware issue (Marlin by the way). The x and y motors are both from old printers and I couldn't get much info about them so instead of using the usual method to find the steps per unit I used a method where I measured out how far the axis moved compared to what it was told to move. The movements are pretty damn accurate but my steps per unit values are really low which makes me think that could be part of the issue. I also put a jumper pin in the first slot of every stepper driver because it seemed to make the motors less jerky which could also be part of the issue. I'm using pronterface to control everything but even when I use the controller by itself it has the same issue. I attached my config and config.h and config_adv.h settings if anyone can take a look at them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

config.txt
configadv.txt

Also here's a video of the issue homing issue
Re: weird homing and zeroing issue
July 09, 2016 03:55PM
If possible connect the machine to a computer and use Repetier Host or any other software that allows you to send GCodes to the machine.
M119 Will get you the status of the endstops. My first guess is that you might need to invert the endstop status. M119 Will tell you if the firmware registers the endstops as triggered.

[www.bonkers.de]
[merlin-hotend.de]
[www.hackerspace-ffm.de]
Re: weird homing and zeroing issue
July 09, 2016 05:47PM
Thanks for the suggestion Srek! I actually just figured it out. For some reason in the conditionals I had played around with the numbers for axis lengths. After changing it back to this...

* Axis lengths
*/
#define X_MAX_LENGTH (X_MAX_POS - (X_MIN_POS))
#define Y_MAX_LENGTH (Y_MAX_POS - (Y_MIN_POS))
#define Z_MAX_LENGTH (Z_MAX_POS - (Z_MIN_POS))

.. it works totally fine. That's probably why I didn't see any other threads about this particular issue. Because most people aren't dumb enough to screw around with shit in the conditionals section lol. Lesson learned.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login