Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Batch Prints End in a Tangle(RPP Mendel 3)(Z-Axis sliders)

Posted by kippbits 
Batch Prints End in a Tangle(RPP Mendel 3)(Z-Axis sliders)
July 04, 2016 02:54PM
Hi all, I've gotten back to printing again after a long break. printer was running smoothly until i tried to print some batches of 6 copies of some AA&AAA dummy batteries. I've put a picture below of the final output. the print head seems to be lifting up one of the models on the print bed(no video), and then this moves around and wrecks some of the surounding models. I'm guessing this might be something to do with leveling of my print bed, But I'm more suspicious of x-axis alignment. My machine is a RepRapPro_Mendel_3, and I've had some issues with the z-axis sliders, that hold the x-axis in place, being too tight, and not sliding smoothly. I'm wondering if there are any other pro_mendel_3's with these sliders, and if anyone has any recomendations on how to fix this?

I know previous mendel versions have used linear bearings for this part, although I'm not sure how easy it would be to mix and match parts from different model numbers.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
KippBits

Re: Batch Prints End in a Tangle(RPP Mendel 3)(Z-Axis sliders)
July 04, 2016 06:18PM
If the things you're printing don't stick to the bed, the hotend will drag them all over and create a spaghetti monster. Clean and refresh with whatever you're using to make things stick to the bed.
July 05, 2016 01:36AM
The previous RRP Mendel had Igus bushings as well. I have one that started life as such and hasn't had any changes made to that interface yet.

There are no rules. If you can come up with a design that you think will work better, you're free to change it if you can make the parts work together. Mine is certainly a one-of-a-kind at this point that does work better than it did initially and I don't think I'm done.

First make sure of the following:

1) The Z smooth rods are perfectly parallel.

2) The X axis is perfectly level.

3) You've set the X axis smooth rods so the Igus bearings are exactly the same distance as the Z smooth rods and adjusted the screws so they stay there.
July 05, 2016 09:07AM
stephenrc
If the things you're printing don't stick to the bed, the hotend will drag them all over and create a spaghetti monster. Clean and refresh with whatever you're using to make things stick to the bed.

now that you mention it i do have some rips in the kapton tape on the print bed. I also have an issue with alignment, and I'm pretty sure it's being caused by a sticking slider. wish there were a quick fix out there...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login