Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help drivers for prusa i3

Posted by zatix 
Help drivers for prusa i3
June 25, 2016 06:52AM
Hello,

I bought a cheap prusa i3 from Ebay, and I managed to assemble it. However, I have not been able to connect it to my machine.

I tried setting it up in Windows 7 and Windows Xp, neither of them recognize the usb driver.

I tried installing different versions of Cure and different drivers without any luck

In both machines I see a FT232R USB UART unrecognized device.

I tried running MProg to see if it was bricked but it does not detect it either.

I tried contacting the seller and he says I should not connect it because: 'because when you use the computer, the printer maybe jitter, then it can make it stop to work.'

The specs can be seen here if it is any help: [ebay.co.uk]

Thanks!
Re: Help drivers for prusa i3
June 25, 2016 02:12PM
FTDI drivers: [www.ftdichip.com]
June 26, 2016 09:35AM
I have just bought and assembled one of these - I had to download the 64-bit driver from the link stephenrc gives above, as my machine would not accept the shipped driver.

Can I ask you, when you turn it on do you get a display like this:

[i.imgsafe.org]

Does pressing in (clicking) the rotary knob on the front do anything for you? I am stumped as to how to get it into Menu mode.

Rob
Attachments:
open | download - LED.jpg (302.9 KB)
June 26, 2016 11:06AM
Pressing down on the knob will bring up the menu. If it's not working, could be a bad encoder, a bad connection or you may have the wrong LCD selected in the firmware source code.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login