Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Layers and flow problem

Posted by Lzrstrm 
Layers and flow problem
June 25, 2016 04:20AM
Whenever I print with any layer height over .1mm my layers don't stick together and I seem to have an inconsistent flow coming out of the nozzle and I have no idea why. Weird thing is that if I print with a .1 res my prints are perfect.

When I print at a .3 layer height

When I print at a .1 layer height with exact same settings

Re: Layers and flow problem
June 26, 2016 01:58AM
Any ideas
June 26, 2016 11:03AM
Extruder not calibrated. Stepper driver overheating or not putting out enough current. Insufficient tension on the filament, allowing it to slip. Too much tension on the filiament, causing the stepper motor to skip steps. Hotend: could be wrong actual temperature or something inside making the filament jam. Crappy filament.
June 26, 2016 11:55AM
If you keep all the other settings the same, going from 0.1 to 0.3mm layers requires a 9 times increase in the volumetric rate of extrusion, so that might be taking you above what the hotend can currently cope with. What size nozzle are you using, what sort of plastic, extrusion width, temperature and head speeds? For any given settings there will be a max rate at which the hotend/extruder can melt and extrude plastic. If you hit that limit you either have to reduce the rate, or increase the capability of the hotend. That might mean using higher temperatures, a bigger nozzle, more extruder current, thermal grease around the heating element, insulating the heater block, or replacing the hotend with a different design.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login