Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printing stops and resumes by itself

Posted by tampano 
Printing stops and resumes by itself
June 20, 2016 07:06AM
Hello everyone,
I'm trying my first prints with a hollow cube to better calibrate everything. A weird thing happened last time.

While printing the four side walls, the printer stopped on a corner for some seconds, then restarted, printed another layer for a wall, stopped again on a corner and so on for a few times on few corners...then started again normally in printing side walls. The result, cause by the temperature while stopped, was a blob in each corner where the machine stopped.

Any idea to explain the stopping?
Re: Printing stops and resumes by itself
June 20, 2016 08:38AM
Are you printing from the computer? Your printer might be waiting for the next instruction and if another program is running in the background it might delay the communication with the printer.
June 22, 2016 04:06AM
Had a similar issue, and yes it seems it was caused by just the problem ggherbaz suggests. Solved by making sure that processor intensive software was not run at the same time. Finally solved by resurrecting an old pc, and dedicating it for printer and related use.
June 25, 2016 09:05PM
I found it best to disconnect from the net and run Repetier from fresh computer reboot and disconnect/ reconnect to the printer if either has been shut down or restarted. And as stated a separate computer is a good choice just for design and printing
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login