Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slic3r and dual extruder

Posted by athul 
Slic3r and dual extruder
June 10, 2016 04:14AM
HI,

I'm using prusa i3 and recently upgraded to dual extruder (still making it work).I use slicer to generate gcodes and use Repetier as the host software.

I was using 1st extruder(BLUE) for part and 2nd extruder(RED) for support printing. Yesterday I changed the extrduer settings in slicer so that 1st extruder will print supports and 2nd one will print the part. But after slicing , in the print preview everything was under extruder 1 (both supports and part printing).

I checked gcode, there's no T0 or T1 command

Why is that?

Is that a slicer bug?

My FW is marlin for dual extruder
board=printrboard rev D
My slic3r version is 1.2.9

Gcode files

[drive.google.com]

extruder small gear 1 = extruder 1 for part and extr 2 for support
extruder small gear 2 = extruder 2 for part and extr 1 for support
Show less
Re: Slic3r and dual extruder
June 10, 2016 11:34AM
If you invoke slic3r from repetier host, repetier tries to control some of the dual extrusion settings, and this can conflict with the settings in slic3r's config. If you want to do different extruders for infill or support it's best to work with slic3r stand alone.
October 23, 2016 10:52AM
Hi friend,
i am usinig the same version as you, but i cannot merge two file to dual extrudesad smiley please help thankssmiling smiley
October 23, 2016 11:15AM
Hi Gabriel, welcome to the forum.

I put some instructions on thingiverse with my calibration test. [www.thingiverse.com] Perhaps that will help. If not, explain what you tried and provide screen shots and I expect someone will be able to help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login