Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Part not coming out the same size as my sketch

Posted by Undermentioned 
Part not coming out the same size as my sketch
May 30, 2016 07:58AM
Hi all Finished my printer about a month ago all my prints since then have been fine.
I am using cura and marlin.

But now with this one design of mine its just not coming out right.
Like my one sides length should be 64mm which it also shows in cura when I click on the scale button but it keeps on coming out 2.5mm or so longer than it should and the other side seems to come out +- 2.5mm shorter than it should.

The funny thing is all the other sizes on the sketch are spot on, so I got no clue why its doing this?

Thanks
M..............
Attachments:
open | download - Pixy cover back 1.1.1.stl (132 KB)
Re: Part not coming out the same size as my sketch
May 30, 2016 09:25AM
Print size errors are usually related to calibration. Have you calibrated the printer?

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
May 30, 2016 10:22AM
Not really but I printed a few 15*15mm cubes and they came out fine going to print one out again and see, or are there any calibration prints that u recommend?

Seems to me it is out and I am only noticing it now because of the bigger prints, dammit.
Looks like my z axis is the only one that is correct.
I dont have a digital caliper to really see how far its out but I could probably just draw a long line and measure it cant I?
May 30, 2016 10:35AM
Ok my x and y axis are out by looks like 4.5mm on a 100mm line, I am going to change it and see
May 30, 2016 10:39AM
Get yourself a caliper that can read in 1/100ths of a mm. If you're going to be designing parts yourself you'll need it to make measurements of prints and the parts that are going to have to fit in/on/around the prints.

Print a large object when calibrating. A ruler won't get you enough accuracy/precision unless you're only going to print yoda heads and tugboats. You can usually get 6" digital calipers at Harbor Freight Tools for $10 when they're on sale. They aren't the best calipers in the world but they'll do the job.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2016 10:40AM by the_digital_dentist.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login