Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

first build mk8 extuder issue where to start

Posted by chasemn34 
Re: first build mk8 extuder issue where to start
May 07, 2016 03:07PM
you can really set your printer any way you want but you need to be able to set it that way in your slicer or you will end up with mirror prints
May 07, 2016 03:31PM
Sorry i'm lefty and gave you the wrong directions.....spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

X will be MAX
Y will be MIN
Z will be MIN

if you see your nozzle as a point in the plane once home's it will be located at the bottom right of the plane

*** I already corrected the directions in the previous post***

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2016 03:34PM by ggherbaz.
Attachments:
open | download - Cartesian Plane.jpg (34.6 KB)
May 07, 2016 06:40PM
here are the pictures of the printer and end stops
Attachments:
open | download - image1 (7).JPG (114.8 KB)
open | download - image1 (8).JPG (119.8 KB)
open | download - image2 (3).JPG (129.5 KB)
open | download - image3 (4).JPG (115.6 KB)
open | download - image1 (6).JPG (120 KB)
May 07, 2016 06:46PM
so as of now my printer will only move one way not the other x and y axis will move twords the end stops z will move away from end stops.... if my x or y axis his the end stops i can move the oppsite way one step moving it off the end stop after that they want move however if the end stop is made and i keep going in the same direction with the belt jumping i can go back the oppistie side that many steps ... none of the home buttons work im using pronter face
May 07, 2016 08:47PM
Ok, did you set your endstops as in the previous post with X at Max, Y at Min and Z at Min?

If so now you need to set the stepper direction so they understand where they are moving.

The reason that the steppers don't want to move is because your printer think it's trying to move past the endstops.

When you home X do the stepper moves towards the endstop?
May 07, 2016 08:52PM
Reading your configuration file, this might be the problem:

//// Endstop Settings
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUPS // Comment this out (using // at the start of the line) to disable the endstop pullup resistors
//The pullups are needed if you directly connect a mechanical endswitch between the signal and ground pins.
//If your axes are only moving in one direction, make sure the endstops are connected properly.
//If your axes move in one direction ONLY when the endstops are triggered, set [XYZ]_ENDSTOP_INVERT to true here:
const bool X_ENDSTOP_INVERT = false;
const bool Y_ENDSTOP_INVERT = false;
const bool Z_ENDSTOP_INVERT = false;
May 07, 2016 10:14PM
I tried what we talked about earlier still nothing When I try clicking home on any axis or home all axis it want do anything it want move I have to move it by the arrows
May 07, 2016 10:15PM
I also tried changing all my trues to false
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login