Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

cura program

Posted by viper 
cura program
April 27, 2016 06:35PM
Howdy, when i use Cura to change STL file to GCODE it prints my object backwards. i then have to MIRROR the object to get it to print right.
most of my clock parts came out backward gears.
Please help if you can,
Thanks
Re: cura program
April 27, 2016 07:31PM
Set your printer axis correctly in Cura's printer settings, its usually only one axis the one flipped
April 28, 2016 12:13PM
Thank You, I'll try that.
April 28, 2016 12:34PM
If mirrow effect happens with other slicers as well, then most likely the problem is in your firmware settings and you will have to modify it to get rid of the problem.
April 28, 2016 12:53PM
Howdy,
I guess I don't know where to look in Cura for that to change it.
I can't see anything telling me where I can change that.
April 28, 2016 01:21PM
its your home position what printer model you got

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2016 01:21PM by chris33.

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
April 28, 2016 01:42PM
I have a Prusai3 (New arrival) and using Cura (latest) update.
Printer is working great. Had issues with bed and leveling, but got over those humps.
Printed a clock I bought from Brian in the UK and when putting it together found out some parts where backwards.
No big deal but would like to correct if it is possible without messing things up.
Thanks for your help.
April 28, 2016 04:11PM
when it homes look at front what position is your home position, i have standard set bed front left corner in my home position also cub be some inverting issue in your firmare

up and running
April 28, 2016 08:55PM
I have read about it and unfortunately Cura doesn't have the option to change it via software, (sorry I use Simplify3d which allows it).
Your only option is doing it via firmware, so using arduino ide, open your printer configuration h file and flip the axis creating the mirrow effect.
Sorry for the misleading post earlier.
April 28, 2016 09:03PM
Read here: [github.com]

Cura decided to take out the option for custom printers si it's not longer possible to change the home position of the printer to flip the axis
April 29, 2016 01:05PM
Howdy,
Thanks for all your help in this matter. I really appreciate the time you spent on this.
April 29, 2016 08:16PM
No problem i'm here to help. Let me know if you need any help doing the changes in the firmware.
May 02, 2016 08:05PM
I was thinking of trying cura, but wondered if it alters anything else, ie if its really designed/setup only for the ultimaker, my bed is also not setup normal way, I have top left corner of bed as home(not sure if I set marlin that way by mistake or luck), bed is forward, it's no problem and prints ok bust most parts printed where symetrical, but last 2 parts where mirrored on X, I wasnt sure if it was my design as I had things upside down, so wll have to take a closer look at the setup.
May 03, 2016 10:58AM
yes it will if the home position isnt correct readd this further down about motor connectors and homing position forum post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2016 11:08AM by chris33.

up and running
May 03, 2016 06:33PM
Z is also setup different to ultimaker, wondering if its best to setup the config correct rather than just flipping motor connectors.
May 03, 2016 07:34PM
I know that people prefer to put the money on hardware than on software, but big part of the quality of a print depend on the slicer you use. I bought Simplify3d 2 years ago, and it is so far the best investment I did in 3d printing. I print for businesses and so I need to have perfect and precise prints, and I could never achieve the quality I get from Simplify3d from any of the "free" slicers.
May 03, 2016 10:00PM
I heard that before, sure worth trying it out, other slicers have more features than Matter Control which is the only sw ive tried printing from, though not tried the latest version, the print I have from an ultimaker is different(better mainly because of the heatbed, and maybe the moving mass or just better calibrated) from my first prints so was looking into better control for top layers, but the other night I tried playing with the speeds manually and upping my temps, and bingo much better results, so much so that my .28 layers almost became perfect, cant wait to try things at .2 but I need to make a layer fan first, but will try simplify3D soon.
May 04, 2016 10:25AM
If you want to, post a part you want to print with the desired settings and printer type and I will sliced for you.
May 04, 2016 02:21PM
viper hows it going on with the mirror print issue?

up and running
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login