Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What are common causes for Oozing/Drippy Nozzle to start? (PLA at correct temperature)

I was printing PLA and PET-G just fine yesterday (switched filament types twice, did a a cold pull to switch) but then all of a sudden after having done several prints of PLA, I began getting botched prints - the filament had ended up getting stuck in a blob on the nozzle. Upon closer observation, the nozzle was dripping - it looks like it's extruding slowly when I'm not extruding. I tried lowering my Nozzle temperature from 210C to 190C with no improvement seen.

What are some common causes and fixes for oozing/nozzle drip? Could my nozzle be damaged? Any help is much appreciated, thanks!
PLA just oozes...
When not printing the material has more time to fully heat through and once that happens it is almost like water.
So how do you mitigate this, and what could have been wrong with my printer in the past that was causing it not to ooze so much? It seems like it was working better when it wasn't oozing so much even though that's apparently abnormal. With the current state of oozing I can't get any recognizable prints most of the time because the filament ends up stick to the nozzle in a blob.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2016 11:24AM by printingandprinting.
Few things to do:

1. Keep the temperature under 200, 190 to 195 is best.
2. Be sure to have a fan cooling the extruded PLA.
3. Disassemble your nozzle and clean it really good and use a drill bit of the correct size to get any burnt PLA glued to the nozzle.
4. If your hotend have a PTFE tube that goes all the way to the nozzle, clean it often and once a quarter change it.
5. Increase your retraction settings so the PLA filament stays in the cold section of the hotend, anywhere between4 and 6mm.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login