Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder motor problem

Posted by Adventprinter 
Extruder motor problem
April 21, 2016 01:21AM
Hello again

im hoping someone on here might know what the problem with my printer is and/or how to fix it.

I finished printing last night and began a new print when the print started no filament was being extruded and the stepper motor was pulsing back and forth. so i did the usual turn off, preheat, Clean nozzle, push filament through manually to check for blockages. Started printing and same again the extruder motor is pulsing the filament back and forth not feeding it through. so to check it wasn't a problem with the file/ the settings i had used with CURA i tried to print on of the preset models that came with the printer. I started the print for the m3 thumb wheel (a model i had successfully printed 6 times in the past) again same problem.
i then took apart the extruder to check tension on the press wheel and i unplugged and replugged the motor back in to check the connection. once everything was reassembled correctly. i tried the print with the exact same result.

if anyone can help i would really appreciate it.
my printer is a 'Cocoon Create' (rebranded Wanhao duplicator i3)

Thankyou
Re: Extruder motor problem
April 21, 2016 02:22AM
Sounds like your extruder is not getting enough current to push the filament or if it has a teflon liner that it might be dislocated causing a bottle neck.
April 21, 2016 02:36AM
So im not sure how to go about fixing it if its not getting enough current (aside from opening up the control unit (potentially voiding warrenty) and im assuming if its the teflon lining problem i will need to replace the hotend (which i plan to upgrade to a full metal hotend when i have time/money/finding a decent supplier in australia(or who will ship to australia for less then an arm and a leg)

so tried running the stepper without the extruder attached and the problem persists so its not a hotend problem.
ive attched a video to show what is happening
[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2016 03:16AM by Adventprinter.
April 24, 2016 11:15AM
Did you make sure the cables connecting the motor to the board are all intact? Other possibility is that your stepper driver is bad. What are the specs for your printer? (brand, electronics, etc)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login