Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X, Y axis problem

Posted by 48Straight 
X, Y axis problem
April 13, 2016 11:15AM
I am tryin to print a tube part in Taulman 910 on my and having an axis problem. Every time I print this tube with internal support or not it leans to the back right of the plate.

I have moved my printer to a very stable counter top, and used the clothespin trick to get my belts really tight.

I am printing without a lower fan but the fan on the cold end is still on. Could this be causing enough of a draft to warp the nylon?
Attachments:
open | download - X,Y.jpg (150.9 KB)
Re: X, Y axis problem
April 14, 2016 01:02PM
did you check the gear pulley lock bolt? might be loose and with a tight belt will slide from the motor shaft?

Nylon don't need a fan like PLA, but speed and bed and hotend temperature are quite important for a good printing, did the part was well attached to the bed, ore came loose quite easy?.

From what I can see from the photo (too small) you have definitely some temperature issues, either you are printing too fast for the temperature or just not hot enough? you also need to adjust your retraction for Nylon. you need to print very slow with nylon so it can fuse with previous layers.
April 14, 2016 02:20PM
Thank you for your reply!

The part did not detach. I have tried to print the 24 mm OD with a 19.5 ID tube now three times and it always goes in the same direction. My last print was just a 19.5 mm tube with no supports and a 2 mm wall. It printed straight as an arrow what ever that old saying means.

I am printing at 247 degrees, .06 layer height, ,4 shell thickness, print speed is 20, bed is at 45, retraction is at 40, and a 250 travel speed.

What you may be seeing as a temp issue is water in the Tualman 910. I live in Colorado and it is spring but still very dry here. That filiment works well if you dry it in the oven at 170 for a few hours but if I leave it on my printer it absorbs water back in about 12 hours. So what I am doing is running off the parts knowing they will bubble and when I need a clean one I use the oven to dry it.

I love the 910! It is outstanding!!!! But I am having calibration issues with my printer but I am going to address that in another thread.
April 14, 2016 05:58PM
Travel speed seems pretty high. Are you sure you are not getting skipped steps?
April 14, 2016 06:37PM
I will lower the travel speed. I had it cranked up because nylon dribbles quite a bit and a quick takeoff seems to help. On this part webbing is not as much of a problem. This stuff is so tough you have to cut out any larger webbing or dribble.
April 14, 2016 08:23PM
Sorry, I use Simplify3d so some settings are different.

I print taulman nylons in a bakelite board with bed at 80, hotend between 240 and 245, a retraction of 6mm speeds of 900 to 1200 mm per minutes (you are good there) and travel speeds of 2500 mm per minutes (you are way to fast) and like bryanandaimee mentioned you might be skipping steps. with a 0.4 nozzle and 0.3 layer height.

When you mention 0.06, you meant 0.6 or actually 0.06? What size nozzle you are using 0.1? I have never printed mylon at such layer heights.
April 14, 2016 08:26PM
You can reduce dribbles by lowering your hotend temperature by 5 degrees and increasing your retraction by 2-4 extra mm
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login