Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3d preheating problems

Posted by Chipo 
3d preheating problems
March 27, 2016 10:13AM
Hello, I´ve bought a Prusa Mendel with RAMPS1.4 and the latest Marlin Firmware. I use the Pronterface, Slic3r as Host.
My Problem: the preheating of the Hotend doesn´t work properly. it cancels after a few seconds (most at 130C°).
And i get this ERROR MESSAGE:Error:Heating failed, system stopped! Heater_ID: 0 [ERROR].
After this Message the whole system is down and the printer is unusable.
I´m using the 100K thermistor - ATC Semitec 104GT-2.
I hope you can help me.
thanks for any advice.
Re: 3d preheating problems
March 27, 2016 11:07PM
Let me guess: First try of the printer, co proper cable checks done, no multimeter used?
The error tells you where you start, so check the affected parts and connections and go from there.
March 28, 2016 10:11AM
check in the firmware your thermistor is set to the correcy one

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
May 04, 2016 04:50PM
I also get this error message and processor lock up occasionally on an initial start up. I've been running for about 7 months now with the same wiring and same thermistor setting so that's not the problem. I believe it has more to do with a temperature band that MARLIN wants to see as heating progresses. Just don't know yet where to look. Two searches show this the only one with this problem other than a long French string which I can't translate. ( too many years since French class).
Sometimes it will do it if I stop a print and then try to start again with the hotend and bed partially hot. It happens when the hotend is heating up.

Folger Tech 2020 i3 and FT-5 as well as modified JGAurora A5 with direct drive E3D/Titan. All running the BLTOUCH.
Great kits. Having fun and running the heck out of them.
Running Marlin 1.1.0 RC8 on the i3 and FT5. Custom firmware on A5.
Folger Tech Wiki board >[folgertech.wikia.com]
May 04, 2016 05:27PM
Chipo
ERROR MESSAGE:Error:Heating failed, system stopped! Heater_ID: 0 [ERROR].

In configuration_adv.h increase WATCH_TEMP_PERIOD.
May 04, 2016 06:42PM
stephenrc
Chipo
ERROR MESSAGE:Error:Heating failed, system stopped! Heater_ID: 0 [ERROR].

In configuration_adv.h increase WATCH_TEMP_PERIOD.

Thanks! I'll give it a try! Sounds about right! Especially if I am REstarting and my hot end has been dropping rapidly. Now I suddenly tell it to go to 240 and it's on the downward curve, so it's going to take more than the stock 16 seconds to increase the required 4 degrees. Thank you, Stephen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2016 06:49PM by tjnamtiw.

Folger Tech 2020 i3 and FT-5 as well as modified JGAurora A5 with direct drive E3D/Titan. All running the BLTOUCH.
Great kits. Having fun and running the heck out of them.
Running Marlin 1.1.0 RC8 on the i3 and FT5. Custom firmware on A5.
Folger Tech Wiki board >[folgertech.wikia.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login