Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

First Attempt at 3D Benchy

Posted by Kurzaa 
First Attempt at 3D Benchy
February 04, 2016 09:07PM
My first attempt at printing a 3D Benchy, mostly just to print something. Looks like I need to add a fan to improve bridging, but I am not sure what to do to fix the overhang issues in the front.

Planning to switch from the white eSun PLA I have loaded right now to a silver eSun PLA as I am having issues with delamination in my prints and would like to start fresh with a new roll of filament for my next print (hoping to try InMoov). Thought I would post the photos here in case anyone had any suggestions for improving my prints.

I used a Rostock Mini for Benchy with an E3D hotend, 60mm/sec base print speed (45mm/sec on external perimeters?), 205 degrees, and printed on glass with Elmers Purple Glue Stick. Used Slic3r at a 0.3mm layer height.

Re: First Attempt at 3D Benchy
February 04, 2016 11:57PM
It looks as if you extrude a lot more material than needed. Try to remedy that before going after bridging, since in my experience the wrong material quantitiy accounts for quite a few problems.

[www.bonkers.de]
[merlin-hotend.de]
[www.hackerspace-ffm.de]
February 05, 2016 05:24AM
For .3mm layer height not too bad, but before you jump into "solutions" try to print two or three benchies at once winking smiley
This thing is quite small and the plastic has very little time to cool down, with some copies on the plate your boat should come out much nicer.
February 05, 2016 04:27PM
Thanks for the suggestion Srek, I will check and recalibrate my filament extrusion before working on anything else.

I will also make sure to print at least a second benchy (and possibly other calibration objects) in the future. Thanks for the advice Downunder35m.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login