Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder motor not running while printing

Posted by hmcclint 
Extruder motor not running while printing
February 01, 2016 10:35AM
Hi!
I have an Ormerod 2 and have it set to extrude using a paste extruder instead of the ABS/PLA. When I manually extrude using Pronterface, the motor works fine, but when I send a print from the SD card, the nozzle moves as if it's printing, but the extruder motor doesn't turn. Do you have any suggestions? It's connected by USB as well as to a power supply so I think it should be getting enough current.
Re: Extruder motor not running while printing
February 01, 2016 03:13PM
Did you check the g-code?
February 01, 2016 03:30PM
I changed the steps per mm to 70 and have the line M563 P0 D1
G10 P0 S-273 R-273 X19
Did I mess up with where I put the zeros? Does it have to be both P0 an D0? I also sent the M302 command and that worked, so I know it's set to cold extrude
February 02, 2016 12:29AM
Why do you have a toolchange command in there?
And why the extra commands for the retraction?
I assume you define power levels and other things for the syringe through the extruder control?
Last time I checked g-code does not like to have a dash in there, so you might want to try:
G10 P0 S273 R273 X19
instead, but if S if for a power setting than it is usually PWM and goes only to 255.
February 02, 2016 10:40AM
Sorry, I actually had it as M563 P0 D0 H1.. but you mean I should just take out that line and should work? I've attached the g code if that helps at all.
config.g
February 02, 2016 02:55PM
I don't know, I would wonder why the code is generated like this, where did it come from?
I don't get these structures with any of my slicers or g-code generators.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login