Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

how do you reset z home

Posted by Doug Haas 
how do you reset z home
January 28, 2016 11:07AM
How can I reset the z home without adjusting table screws? is there away from the home screen? Next question will be how can I keep extruder fan on? I am new to this flex mendel prusa printer but experienced with 3d printing, doesn't seem user friendly
Re: how do you reset z home
January 28, 2016 12:31PM
Z home is usually adjusted by either moving the Z endstop or it's counterpart. The table screws are only used to level the bed.
I take it you mean the fan cooling the hotend, the extruder usually doesn't have an own fan. In case it is the hotend fan, just connect it to 12V.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2016 12:31PM by Srek.

[www.bonkers.de]
[merlin-hotend.de]
[www.hackerspace-ffm.de]
January 28, 2016 01:30PM
the endstop adjusting screw will not adjust far enough down. I can adjust using z move axix control to correct height and would like to set the new z home position once I have it adjusted correctly,
January 29, 2016 06:06AM
Print better z-endstop. There are plenty of them. For i3 for example: [www.thingiverse.com]

Prusa i3, Ramps 1.4. Catnozzle 0.4mm
SketchUp - Enveloping Globoid Worm Gear - Part One - 3D Printed: [youtu.be]
DesignSpark Mechanical & more precise screw thread: [youtu.be]
Nicer Screw Thread In SketchUp ( Bolts,Nuts): [youtu.be]
How To Model A Heart Shape In SketchUp: [youtu.be]
How To Draw 3D Printable Snap Fit Ball Joint In SketchUp: [youtu.be]
January 29, 2016 08:50AM
Are you using the latest firmware? I upgraded to 1.1.0_rc3 and (I don't know what my old version was) there's a feature where the "auto home" function drives each axis to its endstop, then reverses and drives them back at a slow speed. This greatly improved consistency in my Z-axis stopping point.
January 29, 2016 02:55PM
I got it, probably did it the hard way but it works. I had the z home where i wanted it and adjust stop arm to that spot, it was off by 3/8 of an inch so you could see my problem.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login