Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Issue with z position during print.

Posted by joakim12345 
Issue with z position during print.
January 28, 2016 09:59AM
I have just got the ormerod 2 working and printed the calibration pieces without any problem. Last night i tried printig a small tool for airing my radiators, basically a small cube with a cylinder on top. Before starting to print i calibrate the z probe and do bed plane compensation, as well as home all three axes. This works great and the z axis is posistioned right above the surface. Then i chose to print from the sd card and it starts to heat up. After a while it moves a little bit and, right at the edge of the bed, moves the nozzle way down past zero pressing into the bed. It then starts printing like this, with z way to low, making a mess out if everything, just pushing it around. The strange thing is that it only does this some times, i did manage to do a few prints perfectly.

Also, when it does this, i press pause and then reset. After that, when i try to home it will go towards X0, but not stop there. It just keeps running the engine until i turn off the power. The white paper for the probe is in place.

Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong or help me in any way?
Best regards, Joakim.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login