Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

overextrusion problem

Posted by Michel000 
overextrusion problem
November 15, 2015 11:57AM
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with a small part i try to print size is around 35x20x30
i did all of the callibration but when i print ilooks like i have a overextrusion problem, the top layer infill just looks like it has to many material but the permiters are oke.
Dimensions of the part are ok the have a max. tollerance of +/- 0.1mm , only if i measure the top infill its a bit to big if i measure it add the edge where the perimeters are its ok.

when i put the flow rate a bit lower i still have the problem that the infill looks overextruded (its better than before) but then the permiters are under extruded.

What could be wrong here ?
I was thinking about the perimeters overlap value its at the default 15% does that mean it wel extrude a bit to many ?
Im using a solid infill here.
Re: overextrusion problem
November 15, 2015 12:17PM
i did some test, when i slice with 15% infill perimeter overlap its realy using more infill then when you set that value to 0,

so looks to me you should set it to 0% if you use solid infill. im printing a new test now to see if that was my problem.
November 15, 2015 12:59PM
Could you post a picture?

What slicer are you using? What printer?

Usually if there's overextrusion on the solid infill it's a problem with too much extrusion when cornering.
I've just uploaded a blog about backlash here:
Backlash

--
Kind regards
Imqqmi

NFAN CoreXY printer:
[reprap.org]
November 15, 2015 03:01PM
Chinees pursia I3
Slic3r
Merlin

The picture is of a part thats has some underextrusion on the perimeters.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2015 03:21PM by Michel000.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_20151115_205136.jpg (136.5 KB)
November 15, 2015 03:18PM
if i look add the volume of the object in solidworks and in slicer its 21417mm2 if i look add the volume of abs its extracting its 21.5cm3 (in the gcode file generated) so why would it extract 152mm2 more than needed ? No brim no skirt.
November 15, 2015 05:15PM
21500-21417= 83mm3

I think in solidworks it calculates with the original object, but a slicer reduces the object detail into slices. It's bound to be different volume wise. Did you print at 100% infill? What version slic3r? 1.2.8 and 1.2.9 are known to over extrude gap infill.
Is it pla or abs? Pla is more sensitive to temperature, try a lower temperature.

Did you read the blog linked in the previous post? Backlash may be the root cause of this.

--
Kind regards
Imqqmi

NFAN CoreXY printer:
[reprap.org]
November 15, 2015 05:49PM
its abs and both slicer and solidworks report same volume. and i used 100% infill
version of slicer is 1.2.9

my printer is far for perfect so it could be backlash but then i still think its strange slic3r puts in more filament than is needed for the part.
November 15, 2015 06:13PM
In any case I recommend to use an older version of slic3r until the problem is resolved.
See this thread for more info:
slicer over extrude problem

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2015 06:16PM by imqqmi.

--
Kind regards
Imqqmi

NFAN CoreXY printer:
[reprap.org]
November 15, 2015 08:32PM
I noticed that a lot of problems disappear in Slic3r when you set the extrusion widths to fixed values.
November 16, 2015 09:31AM
i tryed to generate it with 1 perimeter instead of 5 now it extrudes 21417mm2 exactly the same as solidworks reports.
i will also try older slicer version to see what happens.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login