Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printing outside the bed - Folgertech - Continue

Posted by Taral 
Printing outside the bed - Folgertech - Continue
November 15, 2015 11:24AM
Hello!

In my past topic I talked about a problem I was having with my FolgerTech Prusa i3, which was printing outside the bed (still having the problem). The following were recommended by few RepRappers:

Here's the past topic that has these recommendations said and done (with videos and images) --> [forums.reprap.org]

1- Modify in the Settings the bed coordinates to where the Endstop sensors were.

Result: No changes

2- Change the scale of model of the thing I was printing and change the xmin-xmax of the bed.

Result: No changes

3- Switch the Endstop cables on the Ramps Board from Min to Max (or vice-versa), and see if with those changes made the axis moved to the correct direction when using the manual control, and when each axis is ‘homed’ they stopped moving when they touch the endtop sensors. But if they went to the opposite direction then it might have been set to Homing on the wrong side of the Firmware. IF they do go to the correct direction but did not stop moving when touching the sensors, then move the axis apart and send a M119 command in the Manual Control Panel while pressing the sensors at the same time. If it reads “Triggered” then they were configured correctly..

Result: The cables where first on the Min pins - switched them to Max, and when I 'homed' each axis, they wouldn't stop moving. When I tried moving each axis from the control pannel away from the endstops, they couldn't move to the opposite direction (only to the direction where the endstops where), so had to move them manually. Did the M119 command while pressing each endstop lever down and they all responded as Triggered.

4- The problem might be in the Configure.h file – that I had the Min Endstops but the printers firmware reads as if it were min and max. Someone sent me a fixed Configure.h file, but that it needed a little change (like the steps/mm for the extruder)

Result: When I upload the .ino file in Arduino only one tab appears (which i don't know if its normal and/or if I have to upload something else. Don't know if I have to edit the steps/mm in Arduino)

Original

New configure.h file they sent me

5- Re-install Repetier

Results: No changes
Re: Printing outside the bed - Folgertech - Continue
November 15, 2015 02:04PM
I didn't see your early plea for help so all I have is what you said above. My suggestion would be to start over with everything positioned and wired as per FT's directions. EVERYTHING! Install the Marlin firmware and make ONE change at a time. It appears you've made so many helter skelter changes that you have no idea what your setup is now.
THEN:
According to the instruction manual, The plug for the X motor should have the red wire to the left. Put it just like the picture shows. The instructions call this the 'Z' motor again. Also these things need to be done that are different from the instructions.>>

Change the following in configuration.h

#define INVERT_X_DIR true to #define INVERT_X_DIR false
#define X_HOME_DIR -1 to #define X_HOME_DIR 1
With the printer off PHYSICALLY move the x-axis stopper to the left one set of pins (this makes it so it's the x max instead of x-min)

Now if you are using rep host, you need to go to printer settings > printer shape and change home X: from min to Max.

One big glaring mistake in the build manual is putting the X stop plug in the wrong place on the board. It should be right next to the Y stop plug, not two over as the manual says. Also, for the X motor plug wires, keep them as you see. It's not a mistake to have them reversed from the others. I DID end up reversing the extruder motor plug because it was pushing the filament out the top!

The new spring design extruder has a brass feed gear that, for me, was rubbing inside the motor housing and causing it to drag and skip steps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login