Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need a lot of force to push filament

Posted by jiuntian 
Need a lot of force to push filament
November 10, 2015 11:57AM
The filament needed a lot of force to push out from the hot end .

My problem is :
* The nozzle is not jam
* The filament need a lot of force to push out / extrude ( with using hand )
* I tried low temperature and high temperature too (240'c)
* I need a lot of force to push out by hand , so there is no problem on extruder motor
* The hot end work well before
* There is enough cooling on hotend heatsink

What happen to the hotend ?
Any idea to solve the problem ?

Thanks . grinning smiley
Re: Need a lot of force to push filament
November 10, 2015 12:34PM
What is the filament material?

Are you trying to push it through with the extruder removed? You could try and remove the nozzle and see if it's binding in the cool block. I had that on mine and I think the ptfe tube was dirty or damaged in some way.

Newbie with Folgertech 2020 i3.
November 10, 2015 12:59PM
Hi msaeger ,
The filament is 1.75mm PLA
I have tried remove nozzle , the filament can be push easily
November 10, 2015 02:27PM
That sounds like a clogged nozzle or not hot enough. Maybe there is a issue with the thermistor or something else making it not report the right temp.

Newbie with Folgertech 2020 i3.
November 10, 2015 03:00PM
Nozzle might not be jammed, but their could still be a small piece of containament partially blocking in, requiring more force to extrude the filament. Try doing a couple of cold pulls (?) to clean out anything that might be in the nozzle. Or if you already have it off, maybe bake it in the oven or something, dip it in acetone over night? Just throwing out ideas.
November 11, 2015 12:59AM
msaeger
That sounds like a clogged nozzle or not hot enough. Maybe there is a issue with the thermistor or something else making it not report the right temp.
I will try test the tempereture later .
November 11, 2015 01:00AM
Kurzaa
Nozzle might not be jammed, but their could still be a small piece of containament partially blocking in, requiring more force to extrude the filament. Try doing a couple of cold pulls (?) to clean out anything that might be in the nozzle. Or if you already have it off, maybe bake it in the oven or something, dip it in acetone over night? Just throwing out ideas.
I tried to drill the nozzle , cleared , but still hard to extrude it .
November 11, 2015 01:09AM
jiuntian
msaeger
I will try test the tempereture later .

oh yes , the temperature at LCD is different with what i get with multimeter . 231'c on LCD / 209'c at multimeter
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login