Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slic3r

Posted by Michel000 
Slic3r
November 05, 2015 10:42AM
Questions about Slic3r

Is it possible to manually set the seam location ? Or is there a logic to it?
And is it possible to generate Gcode without the temp. settings because I always set temp. by hand because when I start the print the printer should not keep waiting for the temp to be reached. Now I always remove the 3 lines by hand.
Re: Slic3r
November 05, 2015 11:37AM
1) you can print with the seam "aligned" which means it will line up in one place, but that place may shift depending on the shape of the object printer- if it is a cylinder, the seam will make a straight vertical line. The other option is to print with the layers starting/ending at random locations in which case you get tiny defects scattered over the surface of the print.

2) Under the filament settings page, set the temperatures to "0". You will then have to enter the temperatures you want at print time.

The default operation is to heat the bed first, then the extruder. The bed takes longer to reach print temperature and the extra time it is given by heating the extruder after allows the bed temperature to stabilize.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
November 05, 2015 02:16PM
1 i normally print with seam aligned but it would be very nice if i could pick to location of the seam most of the time my prints have a side that needs to be perfect and i dont want to have the seam there but it looks like i dont have any control where its placed.
2 Putting 0 add the temp. settings works thanks for that i just want my printer to start when i press start so i can see the first layer and stop it when something is not good.
November 05, 2015 04:16PM
Simplify 3D lets you select the start points based on coordinates.
So you enter a value that is close to a specific spot and S3D will always start there.
Did not test it though as I don't have too much sirface problems to begin with.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login