Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder Max Temp Error While Printing Raft.

Posted by prjoe 
Extruder Max Temp Error While Printing Raft.
October 18, 2015 08:03PM
Hello everyone,

Has anyone had this problem where everytime I start printing a part with a Raft, It would print the first layer, even though it prints it slow and jerky, then after first layer the extruder temp starts rising until it hits the Max Temp error and quits printing.

It only happens with parts which have a Raft. Have tried different STL files with same results. This started happening about a week ago, it used to print Rafts fast and without issues. Parts with or without support print fine.
Using Simplify3D on a Delta printer. Hope anyone has some suggestions.

Regards.
Re: Extruder Max Temp Error While Printing Raft.
November 09, 2015 12:32PM
Have you tried another slicer? I'd try Slic3r and Cura at least, since they're both FOSS and quite nice. If you're wedded to S3D then take a look at the gcode and see which command is causing this.
Re: Extruder Max Temp Error While Printing Raft.
November 09, 2015 07:37PM
Check the G-Code for the temp settings.
If there is no extreme temp written in the G-Code I suspect you print the raft quite slow?
S3D has problems if you slow down the print manually in the control panel below 50-60%.
I usually get "unresponsive" "force restart" with lines going to one endstop and back.
For complicated prints I prefer to set a relatively slow overall print speed and once it looks good I crank it up to normal in the control panel by setting the speed to 140 or 150%.
At least this way the problems at low speed won't happen.
I tried to contact the support and even uploaded some videos showing what's happening but was told my problem would be with the firmware.
Funny thing though that when using any other program for the job I can slow the printer to a dead crawl without problems.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login