Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Warping/lifting on a single and multi part printing

Posted by Edvardas 
Warping/lifting on a single and multi part printing
October 01, 2015 02:09PM
I have noticed that the more of the identical parts I try to print at the same time the more warping/corner lifting I experience. I can print two of the same parts without any issues but if try to print 4 of these parts the corners start to lift. My theory is that parts simply have too much time to cool down before the next layer starts.
I have experienced this with different materials and both using and not using heated bed.
What are your experiences on trying to print multiple parts on a single bed?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2015 02:18PM by Edvardas.
Re: Warping/lifting on a single and multi part printing
October 01, 2015 06:44PM
I just finished a 5 hour print of 6 Halloween pumpkin 'things' for the 'boss' using PLA and a heated bed with tempered glass and hair spray. No problem. That was after printing 8 goblins for aforementioned 'boss'. No problem and same application of hairspray lasted for both of them plus several prints last night.
If you're one of the masochists confused smiley using ABS, I can't help you. Which is it?
October 02, 2015 09:53AM
Maybe Nylon ? winking smiley
October 02, 2015 10:10AM
Nylon warps bad enough while printing just a single part smiling smiley Would not try to do multiple of those.
I am talking about ABS and PETG. ABS of course is worse.
I think I could get them to stick to the printbed without lifting but removing them would require too much cursing, blood and damaged stuff.

I can remember photos of printbeds that are full of reprap printer parts. So I guess it is possible. But I wonder what was required to remove those parts.
October 02, 2015 11:49AM
Printing multiple parts requires a levelled bed. Before I had my Prusa i3 levelled, I only had one corner where the first layer was sticking.

Also a brim to keep the edges down and a temp difference between print and remove. I print PLA at 45°C on painter tape. When I wait until the bed is cool, a fingersnip removes the parts.
-Olaf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2015 11:52AM by o_lampe.
October 29, 2015 02:44PM
I use this stuff, its cheap and worked really well as advertised, I tried all 3 material they listed and all worked out perfect, 8 euro a pack goes a long way, I used just little under half the pack and I got 40+ prints out of it so far, with the biggest part being 185mm x 185mm x 185mm in size, not exactly a square box but it was that big, start to finish not a single lift

can't find link I bought it from, but same shop relisted it

printing paste
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login