Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Few Layers after the first one shrink & some kind of wobble?

Posted by strawmedia 
Few Layers after the first one shrink & some kind of wobble?
September 22, 2015 11:32AM
Hello there smiling smiley

Again me with a new problem. Its been a thing since the first print that after the first layer the following 2-4 layers seem to shrink a little bit and make a gap after it. Also i think that the x-axis is moving a little bit back and forth so it makes a wobbly pattern. Any suggestions how to prevent it?

Hardware : Prusa i3 variant with Marlin & Ramps1.4 (and Octoprint)

Picture:

Thanks for any help smiling smiley

~Straw
Re: Few Layers after the first one shrink & some kind of wobble?
September 30, 2015 03:47AM
Not enough picture to see the actual problem, from what I can see there, you might have an uneven bed making some layer probably layer 2-3 merged with the layer before it
September 30, 2015 03:59AM
Looks like an elephant foot to me.
The wobbly part is probably related with too low belt tension/ backlash.
The bed level calibration is important, too.
-Olaf
September 30, 2015 02:49PM
Could be the z threaded rods not being straight. The wobble translates to the x carriage.

The second layer seems be on the save level as the first on one side. It could be caused by the wobble. Is the a solid bottom layer or is it just a single wall?

Is it printing in vase mode perhaps?
October 06, 2015 06:00AM
back from holidays, thanks for the replies.

@imqqmi not printing with vase mode, its a solid bottom with 200% extrusion width. x-wobble has been a thing since i started printing with this chinese kit, have to take a look at anti-wobble ideas, but then i have to wait for the t8 nut to arrive (because it doesnt use m8 leadscrews).

@sarf2k4 @o_lampe i tried to level the bed as good as i could with a piece of a4 paper. im still able to move it under the nozzle and it scratches it just a little bit, no problem moving it along the bed. tensioning the belt is kinda hard, any tips how to make it easier(on a prusa i3 based system)? Have to take a look at the elephant thing

Thanks for all of your help

~Straw
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login