Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[PROBLEM][SD INIT FAIL] Problem whithout solution sad smiley

Posted by Trentor 
[PROBLEM][SD INIT FAIL] Problem whithout solution sad smiley
September 20, 2015 12:34PM
Hey guys, I want to share a problem that I have in my printer and you need to fix that keeps me awake. It is a P3Steel with RAMPS and a Full Graphics 1.4 smart controller, the white PCB.

Anyway, I've been looking through forums and google it, finding people who have the same problem as me, and nobody gives a solution to the problem, including post old and not updated, no I could find and I can not give with the correct key, I hope someone from this forum who has had this problem and have solved can help.

The printer for a year working properly, with Repetier and a SD card in Full Graphics, a month ago I stopped printing for studies September, and two days that went on with the prints ago, my surprise was that when i turn on the printer it not recognize SD card, but is stuck on the screen says "NO SD Card" instead of "Print from SD" when connected to repetier in the monitor serial its out echo: SD init fail, introducing the M21 command (start SD) SD init again fail to get out.

The firmware is the same, I have not touched, Marlin, with the amendment to remove the two "//" in the corresponding line.

If I disconnect the shield of the smart controller and commented that line does not give me any trouble, I say to you without precedent Screen gonna be all right.

The SD is a Panasonic 512MB formatted in FAT32, works correctly and still tried with various memory cards.

The wires are short and are sealed, without interference, Arduino pins are tested and those of the shield of the SD card and RAMPS 1.4

I tried several versions of Marlin, from where I worked previously to the last version, and I have installed in the libraries of arduino the library U8glib.

I can move the engines and everything that has the screen, less print from it with the SD card, that is anything but works perfectly

I have made several checks Voltage, attached datasheet socket image of SD (sorry for the quality) to have a concordance of what we talked about: on pins 1, 2 and 4 I have 3.31 V, in other 0 V

It's have been continued with GND on pins 3, 5 and 6.

How not to CLK if refers to a chipselect (Output Enable) or CLK synchronous clock guess which is at GND should indicate that it is a OE and is selected low, that's all rare that I see in principle and I do not suppose it's wrong, but do not know its origin.

Need solution please, because as you see I have tried everything and gives me a result.

Can someone help me out?

Thank you very much in advance
Attachments:
open | download - SD-Socket-Datasheet.jpg (132.1 KB)
Re: [PROBLEM][SD INIT FAIL] Problem whithout solution sad smiley
September 21, 2015 04:10AM
There is a small latch on the housing of the SD-card reader. When you push the SD-card in, it should open contact with a pin ( GND )
Over time this latch could be bent or even broken and no signal is given to recognize the inserted SD-Card.
-Olaf
Re: [PROBLEM][SD INIT FAIL] Problem whithout solution sad smiley
September 21, 2015 06:45AM
Hi Olaf, thanks for your reply, but the small latch works fine, when i insert the SD card in the socket the small latch (previusly open) make a contact with GND, in the LCD, when the SD card is out of the socket i can see "SD card removed", when i insert the SD card i can see "SD card inserted", but it not work, in the menu i can see "No SD card" instead of "Print from SD", i will attach some pictures for you to see the that its work

Thanks, but i have even the problem
Attachments:
open | download - Card_inserted.jpg (387.1 KB)
open | download - Card_removed.jpg (369.4 KB)
open | download - Card_removed_rear.jpg (516.1 KB)
open | download - card_inserted_rear.jpg (458.2 KB)
open | download - Menu_NO_sd_card.jpg (541.3 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login