Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Top layer quality

Posted by chriske 
Top layer quality
August 29, 2015 04:56PM
Hi guys,

I use two i2 machines for about 2 years now.(made a few mods)
Not a single major problem. Perfect prints all the time. Perimeter is always very beautiful, except the top layer.
Large top surfaces are not perfectly flat. All bottom layers I print are always flat, not a single ripple and very glossy and most of the time no warping. I know I cannot have the same surface-quality on top as the bottom layer, but I want some improvement. What setting do I have to change to improve that top-layer quality.
One smaller problem I have is while printing very small parts. They always sag due to high temperature. But when I combine very small parts together with a somewhat larger object, all is well.

PLA - 195°/60° normal printing speeds
Sli3er / Pronterface

Thanks,

Chris
Re: Top layer quality
August 30, 2015 08:53AM
Hey Good Day Man

Try To add some fill density to your settings

I Hope This will work

smiling smiley
August 31, 2015 02:31AM
I find the need to add extra top layers to my print depending on what infill % and layer height I'm printing at, the more top layers the better the outcome as it has chance to cover and flatten any imperfections.
August 31, 2015 11:21AM
For sagging, a fan could help to fix the filament in place quicker.

As for the top layer, also check if the extrusion width multiplier in the advanced tab is set to anything different for top infill layer. You could try matching it with the normal extrusion width.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2015 11:31AM by imqqmi.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login