Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

a beginner's printing problem

Posted by eliuv 
a beginner's printing problem
August 19, 2015 11:34AM
Hi everybody,

Just finished assembling my 1st RepRap Hesine M-505 3D printer.
I configured the Repetier software, inserted the PLA filament, loaded a nice 3d dog model, went through the slicing process and started printing.
All seemed to work well, but the result was very strange: a mesh like scrambled figure, as if the printing went too fast or 1st layer didn't stick to the bed...confused smiley

Any ideas as to what I did wrong??

Thanks,

Eli

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2015 12:13PM by eliuv.
Re: a beginner's printing problem
August 19, 2015 01:33PM
Picture please smiling smiley
Cheers!
August 19, 2015 02:03PM
Hi SlowFoot,
That's the "art work"...angry smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2015 02:04PM by eliuv.
Attachments:
open | download - 3d.jpg (136.8 KB)
August 19, 2015 04:36PM
That's gallery worthy, make sure you keep it thumbs up
I agree with you analysis too: did not stick to the bed. Can be many things, when it happens to me the cause is often too little booze, (time to clean the print bed with isopropyl alcohol). As it is your first print I would also suggest rechecking the nozzle hight calibration. PLA is not too picky about what surface you have as long as it is clean and the plastic is pressed on to the surface for the first layer. Print speed is set in the slicer, start of with 30-50mm/s. If the printer moves faster then it should there is probably something wrong with the firmware setup.
Good luck!
August 19, 2015 04:59PM
Thanks for yr advice, will check and try again...
August 20, 2015 11:46AM
I would also recommend sticking around to watch the first layer or two. Somewhat mesmerizing, I have found that as long as the base is good, I normally don't have any issues with my prints.
September 23, 2015 04:15PM
Eluiv,

Were you able to get this issues resolved. I have the same issue, but whats weird is when I use the test file that the Hesine came with it prints just fine. Only when I use a design from thingiverse. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.
September 24, 2015 01:07AM
I would like to help, but i "Upgrades" my hesine printer to use a ramps (because one of the stepper driver in the melzi was dead and i didnt wanted to wait 1month for the replacement) und use Marlin AS Firmware. You mayve want to usw slic3r instead of cura AS I didn't managed to get anything printed without problems with cura.

And maybe some generally things about it: you really want to do something against the z-wobble that occurs on it.

~Straw
September 24, 2015 10:35AM
strawmedia

What all did you need to upgrade to the ramps? I may be interested in upgraded if it improves the printer. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Also were you able to use the existing Hesine LCD and controller on the new ramps?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2015 10:55AM by kernel.
October 29, 2015 02:50PM
if your first layer isn't sticking, I found a solution for myself, maybe useful for you

I use this stuff, its cheap and worked really well as advertised, I tried all 3 material they listed and all worked out perfect, 8 euro a pack goes a long way, I used just little under half the pack and I got 40+ prints out of it so far, with the biggest part being 185mm x 185mm x 185mm in size, not exactly a square box but it was that big, start to finish not a single lift

can't find link I bought it from, but same shop relisted it

printing paste
November 04, 2015 10:03PM
Picture Please.

John Fisher Printing Services
Address: 114-118 Victoria Road, Marrickville, NSW 2204
Phone: 02 9516 1588
November 05, 2015 09:16AM
Did you >

Run an extruder calibration? Many videos exist on YouTube for doing this.

Home your printer and level the bed so that the nozzle is 0.1 mm (thickness of a sheet of paper) on all four corners?

Did you set the slicer so that the first layer extrudes at 150% of normal?

Are you using a glass plate clamped securely to your hot bed and did you spray hair spray on it?

You said you went from loading firmware to printing. These steps above have to be done BEFORE that first print.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login