Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Don't know if these are good or not. Input please

Posted by Geartech 
Don't know if these are good or not. Input please
August 07, 2015 10:24AM
I'm new to all of this so bear with me if this is basic stuff.
I've gotten my printer to state where I get what appear to be consistant
and repetable results.

I moved from the fliament they sent with the print to Inland 1.75 PLA
Print temps and speeds are. ( for this print attached )

Nozzle .35mm
layer height .2mm
wall thickness 1.2mm
Glass bead with stick glue.
bed temp 50c
extruder temp 195c
speed 40mm/s
acell on all axis except extruder are 300mm/s
extruder is 400mm/s
flow 100%, calibrated extruder steps (mk8) are 104.00
It appears to have a little bit of a problem with the base layers not fusing when it makes the diagonals.
Don't remember the rest of the settings, and can't check at the moment.
I
I can always use pointers on how to improvethe print quality, I'm going to do some
modifications to the frame this weekend to keep the x axis belt from putting tension on the z axis rods and lead screws as it travels up the z axis.

Didn't know how the pics would turn out, that black filament is hard to see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2015 10:28AM by Geartech.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_0194.JPG (73.7 KB)
open | download - IMG_0195.JPG (65.5 KB)
Re: Don't know if these are good or not. Input please
August 07, 2015 01:26PM
That looks very respectable, well done! If you are having problems with the layers de-laminating you could probably afford to increase both the bed and the hot end temperature a little. There are videos on youtube describing how to calibrate the hot-end temperature to get the best surface print quality, I think this is one that is commonly referenced.

You'll probably need to work out how to get better photos if you want the more experienced guys to chime in with suggestions for improvements, it's pretty hard to see any surface detail at the moment. If you have a macro setting or lens that would help to get closer, otherwise you could try taking the highest resolution your camera can manage and then cropping in tight to the areas of interest.
Re: Don't know if these are good or not. Input please
August 08, 2015 07:19AM
Thanks for the link on setting the temp for best quality.
My biggest issue and it's not even really that big is the base or bottom layer not being smooth or the extruded strands seem
to not be fused to the strand next to them.
The rest of the structure is solid, no de-lamination or weak spots, very little excess/strings in the print.
I'll work on getting beter pics up, I had to do those at work and I only had my iPhone with me.
About to print the other half of that case to so I'll post those when I get back this evening.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login