Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

extrusion failure, binding, and printing high.

Posted by DeltaDawg13 
extrusion failure, binding, and printing high.
August 05, 2015 07:40PM
New here have a Prusa i3, I'm using ramps1.4 / arduino mega, and Marlin.

I've tested and swapped the extruder motor and wires it moves when testing but doesn't extrude during prints, also burned out the nozzle with a torch to clear blockage, tried deactivating the "PREVENT_DANGEROUS_EXTRUDE" in Marlin and didn't help or do anything really different. Also The X,Y,and Z all move smoothly & Quietly with pronterface, but again when printing it there is terrible binding comming from the z worm gears and it seems to try and print about 1mm above the print surface, and the Z min limit switch. any help will be greatly appreciated.
Re: extrusion failure, binding, and printing high.
August 06, 2015 06:38PM
Are you able to manually extrude when it's at the correct temperature? What type of filament are you using and what temperature is it set to?
August 06, 2015 10:34PM
I can manually extrude. using pla @ 220&210°C. Haven't even tried abs yet.
August 07, 2015 02:02AM
It seems, that the z-speed is to high and causes the steppers to skip some steps.

line 495: #define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE          {450, 450, 3, 25}    // (mm/sec)

Also check the startcode of your slicer. In Cura the head lifts 15mm after homing
G28 X0 Y0  ;move X/Y to min endstops
G28 Z0     ;move Z to min endstops
;G1 Z15.0 F{travel_speed} ;move the platform down 15mm

Comment out the last line with a semicolon.
-Olaf
August 12, 2015 08:21PM
the binding has ceased but its still printing above the bed and its printing center as the front left corner of the bed (printed center of the bed before adjusting), still didn't extrude till a manually pushed some through then started flowing on its own.

sorry for late response schools got me busy and I must have entered my desired password for the forums to quickly now have to reset everytime I log in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2015 08:22PM by DeltaDawg13.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login