Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

print full layer of each object

Posted by Kait0r 
print full layer of each object
August 04, 2015 03:13PM
hey
is it possible to print the full layer of each object.
so instead of print first the brim of each and then go and fill it, it will print the brim and the layer of the object and then go and to that in the other one.
because now when it finish to print the brim of the first object it starting to peel off and when the hotend coming back to print the first layer its destroying everything.

thanks.
Re: print full layer of each object
August 04, 2015 03:39PM
Maybe you could check out cura's print each object option, not sure if this is what you need
August 04, 2015 04:04PM
Sounds like you have an issue with the printer and not how the program works.
It shouldnt destroy anything.
August 04, 2015 04:08PM
You could, use glue stick on the bed, peeling off also can be due to several factors such as temp and flow rates
August 05, 2015 04:21AM
If the first layer peels off it would not make any difference how the part(s) is printed.
Fix the peeling problem and the current problem is no problem at all winking smiley
August 05, 2015 09:38AM
well i tried glue stick and it help a bit and now so i moved to polymid tape and same results..
i think the center of the heating bed get to be more warm then the out side because its look like its sticks only in the middle
August 05, 2015 09:47AM
What material are you using? ABS PLA? and what are your bed temps?
August 05, 2015 12:49PM
im using abs 1.75 in diameter
the bed temps are 105 for first layer and 110 for the rest
and its looks like every print it peeling off from the same area..
August 05, 2015 01:50PM
When I smear the bed with glue stick, I put 2 layer, first layer is horizontal (x axis), then second layer is vertical (y axis), unsure if you did this but didn't work.

How about just using 110'c for every layer?
August 05, 2015 04:10PM
I used to use 110c for all layers with my ABS but for me I get great results wih hairspray and the bed at 105c
August 05, 2015 04:50PM
Glue stick works well for PLA but not for ABS. Try ABS juice or super hold hairspray.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 11, 2015 09:58PM
Glue stick works very well for me with abs bed at 100c till finish, but I can print straight on glass with nothing and still get it to stick, by the way are you using glass or just the bed? If it is just an aluminum bed and it is peeling at the same place every time, I suspect your bed is bended while adjusted and heated. I had that problem so I bought a new glass.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2015 09:59PM by deaconfrost.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login