Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kossel X-axis goes crazy

Posted by glbellic 
Kossel X-axis goes crazy
August 03, 2015 04:56PM
I have a Kossel XL and it has been working amazing with no issues. all of a sudden the probe started running in the air and then would randomly start printing in the air as well. I was able to tighten the spring on the probe and it resolved the issue. Now that it is printing properly but after about 7 layers or so the X axis moves straight down and the print head runs off the bed and the motor starts making crazy noise and jams.

I have since re flashed the firmware and the problem still exists. I am not good with and of the programming as someone helped me build the printer and program it for me. I am hoping this is a common issue and the fix isn't too complicated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2015 05:00PM by glbellic.
Re: Kossel X-axis goes crazy
August 03, 2015 11:58PM
Here is a video of what is happening and I have also included the error code that shows up in Cura.

This is the error message in Cura

Send: N21190M84 E0*97
Communication timeout during printing, forcing a line
Send: M105 T0
Unexpected error while reading serial port: OSError: '[Errno 6] Device not configured' @ machineCom.pyo:_readline:516
Changing monitoring state from 'Printing' to 'Error: OSError: '[Errno 6] Device not conf...'
Connection closed, closing down monitor
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_33483.mp4 (410.3 KB)
August 04, 2015 05:00AM
Can you do the same print from SD-card?
Wonder what happens, when the Com-port is out of the game....
-Olaf
August 04, 2015 08:51AM
Last night I plugged the printer into my desktop instead of my laptop where I regularly print from and it worked perfect. I have since uninstalled cura from my lapto and re installed it. Tonight I will try to run a print from the newly installed cura on the laptop and see what happens. I don't have the lcd or sd card installed on my printer so right now that isn't an option.
I will report back tonight.
August 05, 2015 04:28AM
It´s not Curas fault, when other programs on the laptop are running in the background occupying the CPU bridge. ( screensaver, virus detector, and other file-scanning progs. )
-Olaf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login