Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

wierd shifting x axis

Posted by bigray244 
wierd shifting x axis
August 02, 2015 04:51AM
got my prusa i3 up and running and been printing a few things, successfully. though recently i've gotten some wierd symptoms,
like layers shifting, then going back, i have heatsinks on my ramps and none of the motors or ramps are hot at all.
also when going around a round object is seems to dunk the heatbed on the y axis making a swift dunk to my bed.
printet fine untill yesterday. dunno what to do, i have no idea of what im dealing with.

pictures

result after toying with the voltage of the x axis. not sure if it caused a problem with gaps, not experienced untill now.

0.5mm box extended height before print

not exactly sure whats happening. seems fine on the 0.5mm box but not on model.
please help
Re: wierd shifting x axis
August 02, 2015 04:58AM
here are the prints before the symptoms started. was very happy with the results, but now im im devestated over this new phenomena. confused smiley

and those are printed with a bendt z axis threaded rod!

and....printing a wrench for an hour all seems fine... then waking up to this! Please Help sad smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2015 09:53AM by bigray244.
August 05, 2015 02:18PM
These are called axis drift/layer drift (I think). This often due to not enough current supplied to that particular axis to drive the mass. Try to increase the pot on the stepstick (clockwise turn), do it slowly and do some test print from here [www.youmagine.com]
August 11, 2015 01:17PM
I agree not enough power getting to the steppers , use the potentiometer to increases but don't over do it ! it takes a good ear to make sure it hums just right! if it seems noisy then reduce it slightly.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login