Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z Axis Problem

Posted by planesman22 
Z Axis Problem
July 31, 2015 02:12PM
Hello reprap forums,

The support forums on this printer seem limited, as I look further into reprap and realized that the community worked with identical components so I hope I have a better luck here. I am encountering a weird symptom where my Z axis nema motor will sometime start off in a weird direction, overshoot, or simply fail to rotate(Jitters). Helping it with my hand will sometimes correct it's direction but otherwise it wobbles when the amount of rotation it desires is too small. I re aligned the Z axis and added lubricant so my pinkie can easily move the axis yet it still refuses to turn with precision(I don't have any notable backlashes either...).

The 3d printer is a kit sold by Hobbyking called the Turnigy Frabrikator, and it looks like it uses an arduino at mega and a shield to control everything. It printed fair cubes and stuff before. After adding lubricant on the z axis, as me trying to decrease it's resistance, it suddenly forgot it's left and right.

Here is some videos
Video 1

I detached it from the z axis, and it turns fine but it overshoots. However i don't know if this is even what its supposed to do.
Video 2
Re: Z Axis Problem
August 01, 2015 11:54AM
Hi folks,

For those whom I never should've wasted his or her time and for those with quite awfully identical issue as I had

Check if the wires are in, mine came slightly lose when i Ziptied it lol
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login