Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Folger Tech Prusa i3 - printing outside the bed. HELP

Posted by Taral 
Folger Tech Prusa i3 - printing outside the bed. HELP
July 24, 2015 01:19PM
Hello! smiling smiley

Every time I begin the print on Repetier - Host v1.0.6, it starts extruding the filament outside the bed instead of starting at the center. I'll attach some images that'll show what I have in the configs.. Please let me know if additional information is needed.

(The printer that I bought was the one with the acrylic frame).
Attachments:
open | download - Printer Settings - Printer Shape.JPG (58.7 KB)
open | download - Printer Settings - Printer.JPG (58.8 KB)
open | download - Slicer Config - Printer Sett - Custom GCode.JPG (65.2 KB)
open | download - Slicer Config - Printer Sett - General.JPG (61.7 KB)
Re: Folger Tech Prusa i3 - printing outside the bed. HELP
July 24, 2015 09:00PM
Taral
Hello! smiling smiley

Every time I begin the print on Repetier - Host v1.0.6, it starts extruding the filament outside the bed instead of starting at the center. I'll attach some images that'll show what I have in the configs.. Please let me know if additional information is needed.

(The printer that I bought was the one with the acrylic frame).

I had the same problem when I first started printing with my printer. I belive it is because the "bed left" and the "bed front" are at the wrong coordinates. when I had mine in the wrong place, my printer would start printing in the center but at the edge. My endstops setup goes as follows:
X axis endstop on the right
Y axis endstop in the front
Z axis endstop on the bottom

Try using my attached settings, but modify them to where your endstops are and see if it fixes the problem.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2015 09:05PM by Mach.
Attachments:
open | download - printer shape settings.PNG (6.2 KB)
July 26, 2015 10:42AM
Thank you!! Will try, and will also report on results. thumbs up
August 08, 2015 05:52PM
Made the change on the settings (Image - A1. Results - Video Link ), didn't see any progress :/ It still prints outside the bed. I also tried to change the size of the test I was printing and the xmin, xmax (etc), and 'sorta' worked. (Image - A2. Results - Video Link 2), but still don't think that's the right solution for the problem. v_v"
Attachments:
open | download - A1.JPG (155.5 KB)
open | download - A4.JPG (112.6 KB)
August 08, 2015 07:01PM
Taral
Made the change on the settings (Image - A1. Results - Video Link ), didn't see any progress :/ It still prints outside the bed. I also tried to change the size of the test I was printing and the xmin, xmax (etc), and 'sorta' worked. (Image - A2. Results - Video Link 2), but still don't think that's the right solution for the problem. v_v"

From looking at the video, I think it maybe that your endstops are plugged into the wrong spots on your ramps board. On the ramps board, there are two rows of pins for each axis that you can plug your endstops into: X-min and X-max, Y-min and Y-max, Z-min and Z-max as seen here in the orange square in the picture below. Try moving your endstops to the Max pin if you have them at Min, or to the Min pins if you have them at Max. Does each axis move in the right direction when you use the manual controls? If they do, home each axis one at a time and see if they move in the right direction and stop when they hit the endstop. If they move in the wrong direction, then you probably have them homing to the wrong side in the firmware. If they home in the right direction but do not stop moving and/or trying to move when they hit the endstop, move that axis out of the way and send a M119 command in the manual control panel while holding the endstop lever down. If that endstop is configured correctly in marlin, it should read "Triggered" in the log. Also, copy and paste your configuration.h settings to pastebin, and insert the url so I can see your config setup. A image of your endstop connections on your ramps board will also be excellent. smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2015 08:45PM by Mach.
August 10, 2015 08:05PM
second video has problem with y axis, looks to be problem with endstop config, I can't see the y endstop in the video so I'm not certain, they should be plugged in to minimum,

is this in your firmware?
#define ENDSTOPPULLUPS // Comment this out (using // at the start of the line) to disable the endstop pullup resistors

#ifdef ENDSTOPPULLUPS
// #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMAX
// #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMAX
// #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMAX
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMIN
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMIN
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN
#endif

// Mechanical endstop with COM to ground and NC to Signal uses "false" here (most common setup).
const bool X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool X_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Y_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Z_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Z_PROBE_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define DISABLE_MAX_ENDSTOPS

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2015 09:51PM by deaconfrost.
August 11, 2015 10:21PM
Just notice you have the same printer as me, except mine has been upgraded away from Folger junk, I configured the firmware using marlin 1.1 with auto bed leveling enable from scratch, I can send you my firmware with bed leveling disable and it should work for you then. If the assembly was done correctly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2015 10:21PM by deaconfrost.
August 29, 2015 11:52AM
Hello!, sorry for the late response (started college again and its already been sending lots of projects! v_v")

So, this was the original setting that I had of the Endstops

I switched them from Min to Max

And when I 'homed?' each axis, they wouldn't stop moving. When I tried moving each axis from the control pannel away from the endstops, they couldn't move to the opposite direction (only to the direction where the endstops where), so had to move them manually. Did the M119 command while pressing each endstop lever down and they all responded as Triggered.

Here's what I have on the Configuration.h

http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=PYH5ZqLw
August 30, 2015 06:29AM
Yep problem is in the configure.h on ends top. You have only min endstop but firmware is telling the printer there are both min n max.
August 30, 2015 10:22AM
Oh boy. How do I fix this then?
September 02, 2015 08:46AM
Can you send me the firmware that you have?
September 02, 2015 12:37PM
Taral
Can you send me the firmware that you have?

Here is my configured firmware version. Some of the setting may have to be changed though, like the steps/mm for the extruder since I have my extruder setup for bowden. I hope this helps smiling smiley
Attachments:
open | download - Marlin - Copy.zip (373.5 KB)
September 05, 2015 11:09AM
When I upload the .ino file only one tab appears, is it normal? Do I have to upload something else? Do I have to edit the steps/mm right here (arduino file), or is it on the repetier host?

Sorry if its a big bother, I'm pretty new to these kind of things (slowly learning smiling smiley ), but can someone explain step by step?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login