Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Infill on 0.1mm creates weird stringing?

Posted by cnever 
Infill on 0.1mm creates weird stringing?
July 22, 2015 01:55PM
Hi

I am having issues with my infill and it only happens when I make the layer height smaller, so I guess it could be due to some setting? The printer can handle 0.1 mm height but seems to give issues. On 0.2mm it prints fine. I have the Afinibot A3 prusa i3 printer.

Please see attached the weird stringing it has on the infill but not the edges?

Thanks
Attachments:
open | download - ptint.jpg (175.3 KB)
Re: Infill on 0.1mm creates weird stringing?
July 22, 2015 07:20PM
Too much speed and/or not enough filament extruded.
July 23, 2015 12:14AM
Did you slow it down for .10?
July 23, 2015 01:47AM
Hi All

Thanks for the replies. I did according to me? But I am using Cura enging in Repetier and I have a feeling that the slider you use for speed/quality is overriding settings.

Setting in cura configurations are: mm/s
Print 10
Travel 40
Frist laery 30
Outer Perimiter 30
Inner perimeter 40
Infill 20

The slider is close to slow which shows me: mm/s
Print speed: 20
Outer perimeter: 36
Infil: 32

But it felt pretty fast to me when it printed to be honest. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
July 23, 2015 10:29AM
Hi

Just an update so I slowed the settings down quite a lot and seems to have fixed the problem, obviously now I sit with massive printing times eye popping smiley But obviously to be expected.

Thanks
July 24, 2015 03:31AM
I never had to print slower than 20mm/s (for the 1st. layer only). Then I print at 40-80mm/s. Only the outer perimeter I print slower.
You might want to look here to find a cure for your problem.

-Olaf
July 24, 2015 03:48AM
HI Olaf

Thanks for the link really helpfull things in there! I am sure 80% is just me being an idiot. I had the printer for a week now and already broke a few things to fix them again smiling smiley But I am looking for really great quality which I suppose the Ultimaker 2 is for or is it pretty much the same printer just a bit more flashy and user friendly?

I am getting fairly decent quality on the default settings it is when I go to 0.1 height when things really start to slow down or show issues. You can see my prints hereif you want but I am sure it will get better. Most of the head sculpts were 1 hour to print which I thought was pretty good. But the skull for example on the "fine" settings will take up to 6/7 hours.

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2015 03:52AM by cnever.
July 25, 2015 01:46AM
I suggest using the expert settings from Cura. The quick and easy sliders may work for a well adjusted ultimaker, but not for cheap i3 clones
-Olaf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login