Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Best slicing program?

Posted by Downunder35m 
Best slicing program?
July 19, 2015 08:01AM
I have used Slic3r (mainly) for a few years now.
You use one version for this print and another version for a different print as each version has it's own set of unwanted slicing results depending on the task.
Kisslicer might be good but I never really liked it much.
Netfabb is not too bad, especially considering the build in repair functions but the slicing is not always good.
But since I bit the bullet and tried Simplify3D I just have to wonder what I might have done wrong with the slicing settings before sad smiley
It does not really matter what object I want to print, I just select if I want support or not and what infill I need and the parts come out fine.
No more fiddling with the settings and keeping a list of profiles to match the different print jobs.

So is Simplify3D really just better and if so why?
I mean just the surface finnish is so much better and the time and filament saved to find the best print settings...
What I like most is the fact that you can define how much time a layer should take, so prints might be a bit slower but in the end all details are the way they should....
Even considering the 150 bucks for it I think it will make up for it after a few rolls of filament.
The only thing I really miss is an option like "only infill where needed" but otherwise I think I am really happy with the program.
Can you recommend anything better to use for a single extruder printer?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2015 08:13AM by Downunder35m.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login