Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Infill too low

Posted by msaeger 
Infill too low
July 18, 2015 10:48AM
When I print with PLA the infill at the top of my cube is lower than the shells. With PETG I was able to get it perfect by upping the extrusion multiplier but with the PLA that didn't change it.

Any ideas what to try?

Newbie with Folgertech 2020 i3.
Re: Infill too low
July 18, 2015 11:48AM
Setting it to do infill before shells got the cube flat on top but when I printed another thing that is only 5 layers I could still feel a bump on the top like the infill is a little lower.

Newbie with Folgertech 2020 i3.
Re: Infill too low
July 18, 2015 03:52PM
You don't fix a single print problem by changing the multiplicator - too much or too little filament will affect lines not just the top infill.
With thin parts you have to make double sure that the bed is level and that not too much plastic goes onto the first layer.
The standard of making the first layer extra thick to improve adhesion only works if the infill for the first layer is not already overfilling.
Everything that is pushed out or up has to be adjusted with the next layer, but too much is hard to overprint as the plastic has nowhere to go in a solid infill.
Apart from a good extruder calibration I would suggest to try a different slicer to check if the problem persists.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login