Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dual Nozzle Calibration doesnt work

Posted by VoodooDE 
Dual Nozzle Calibration doesnt work
July 18, 2015 04:05AM
Hello together,

I got the CTC Replicator Dual Makerbot Clone.

Firmware is the Sailfish 7.7 Firmware and I use ReplicatorG Sailfish 40r33 or for Dual-print with PVA as support-material I use the Makerbot Desktop.

Now the both nozzles are a little bit wrong calibrated, so that one of the both colours are printed a little bit displaced (1 to 1,5mm).

Normally thats not a big problem. You print the "File->Scripts->Calibration->Replicator Dual Nozzle Calibration.gcode" in ReplicatorG and look at the lines.

The lines left (horizontal printed) are Y and the lines right (vertikal printed) are X. Now I set the best lines directly in the printer menu (unfortunately none of the X lines are perfect for me) and I print the gcode again.
And: Nothing changes in the printing!! Even if I set the x and y toolhead offsets directly in printer menu or in the software with "commit changes" nothing changes in the printing quality.

In Makerbot Desktop under "Machine Preferences" it shows an error with wrong firmware, but thats normal with Sailfish isnt it?

What am I doing wrong? How can I calibrate the dual nozzles? I think the printer doesnt save the new values...

Greetings
VoodooDE

PS: I used this method: [www.sailfishfirmware.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2015 04:07AM by VoodooDE.
Re: Dual Nozzle Calibration doesnt work
July 18, 2015 06:41AM
Here is a picture...
Attachments:
open | download - DualNozzle.jpg (229.6 KB)
July 18, 2015 10:12AM
Two more pics, one with X-Toolhead-Offset at 33.5mm, and one at 34,5mm...
I can see no difference... :-(
Attachments:
open | download - ToolHead_X_335.jpg (358.2 KB)
open | download - ToolHead_X_345.jpg (329.2 KB)
July 19, 2015 11:17AM
Now I tried to put some unrealistic values for the x toolhead offsets, but even then the printer shows the same "little bit displaced" printing.
I even tried to change the toolhead offset values of the xml driver file in the ReplicatorG folder...
Nothing changes... Its seems, that the printer ignores all toolhead offset changes... but why?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login