Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Layer height too small cause adhesion issues

Posted by Lmecano 
Layer height too small cause adhesion issues
July 17, 2015 10:49AM
Hello,

When I'm printing with a 0.4mm nozzle and a layer height through the range 0.2-0.3 => No problems

If I try to print it with 0.1 or 0.15, the layers are also well printed but... the part isn't sticking anymore on the bed after several layers !

I don't get it as the first layer height is expressed as a % of the layer height (110%). And the extrusion width is the same. In my opinion, the extrusion width is the most critical parameter for bed adhesion (from extruder point of view).

Do you have an idea ?

I'm printing on a special tap (not kapton).

Thank you ! smiling smiley

Kind Regards,
Re: Layer height too small cause adhesion issues
July 18, 2015 07:42AM
Hello back, I have figured out my problem.

If you have the same problem, first, you have to read that: [manual.slic3r.org]

I was using too low values of layer height and extrusion width for the first layer.

Now, for printing PLA at 195°C with a 0.4mm nozzle with a layer height of 0.2mm. I'm using for the first layer:

- 0.2mm of layer thickness
- 0.6mm of layer width (yeah, pretty big)

And that's it ! It is sticking as hell, at least, as before with a layer height of 0.4mm.

I'm still trying to figure out how to print tall parts, the brim isn't working as I would like (the part is breaking and the brim is still attached to the bed grinning smiley). I'm going to try with raft and a huge speed slow down.
EDIT: I have printed my tall part (a screw) normally with a 8mm brim and when 60% of the job has been done, I have reduced the printing speed at 30%. Quite long, but it is working !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2015 09:40AM by Lmecano.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login