Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

printing resolution for 3d printer parts ?

Posted by charliebe 
printing resolution for 3d printer parts ?
July 12, 2015 04:14PM
Hi, if i print myself a set of 3d printed parts for a printer, at which resolution (layer thickness?) do i print them and what infill % ?
I find out that my holes are always to small ?
Thanks
Re: printing resolution for 3d printer parts ?
July 12, 2015 04:42PM
Holes will always be too small, it's the nature of the beast. That's what drills are for ;-)

As for settings, you don't mention what size nozzle you have so I can't say. I use a .35 nozzle and while some would make them at .20 to .25 my printer can go lower so I make replacement parts at .10 but that is not necessary. Moving parts (like extruder) I do 90% infill, large bulky parts that don't need a lot of strength I would do 30% infill and small crucial parts (like gears ) I do 100% infill.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2015 04:43PM by tmorris9.
Re: printing resolution for 3d printer parts ?
July 13, 2015 09:34PM
Layerthickness is usually about looks .3 is about as coarse as anyone goes with a .4mm nozzle .1 seems to be as fine as anyone goes... most stick with .2 height.
Infill is usually about strength. Hollow/low infill and thin walls will flex when you put the squeeze to them, the more solid you go the less it will give. PLA is super weak if you go .4mm wall thickness, think stiff plastic bag. smiling smiley also... if you want it to float go closer to hollow.

There are also some slicer settings that will offset interrior surfaces by an amount. KisSlicer is one, I've heard there's nother one based in python script or something... I'm coming up short on the name atm (sorry).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login