Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Layers out of alignment - Prusa Mendel

Posted by Finnius 
Layers out of alignment - Prusa Mendel
June 25, 2015 12:39AM
Hey folks,
I have a prusa mendel that is having some printing troubles. It will print some layers perfectly, and on the whole i am very happy with the accuracy.

However every few layers the X-axis will move out of alignment and print a few millimeters to one side (usually the right hand side). It doesn't stay this way and next layer it might be perfectly aligned again.
So, when printing cubes the cube on the front and rear faces are perfectly smooth however the right and left sides are staggered.
I cant seem to find a pattern as to when the misalignment occurs, however on more complex shapes it does seem to happen more readily when the print head is turning corners and on straight stretches it seems to start and stop pretty accurately.

I am using the latest Repetier and whichever version of slicer came with it. Do you think it is a hardware problem or software problem? The prusa mendel is known to be working as when i bought it it came with a perfectly printed cube.

Any advice or direction will be much appreciated. Once this problem is solved the mendel will be performing great!
Thanks
Re: Layers out of alignment - Prusa Mendel
June 25, 2015 01:14AM
This will usually be incorrect belt tension (too loose and skipping or too tight and overloading the motor), incorrect motor voltage (too low and skipping or too high and overheating), or incorrect firmware accelerations (too high, leading to skipping). If they only cared about making a part that looks good, most of these problems could have been masked by printing the cube very slowly.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login