Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

please help: endstop issues

Posted by ryan53090 
please help: endstop issues
June 24, 2015 08:02PM
I know hearing about endstop issues is probably making everyone ears bleed by now, but I need some help please. I got my pruse i3 back in febuary, and literally 10 minutes before my first print my wife fried my board... and everything else, which I slowly discovered over time. I now have everything replace along with some spares of everthing other than the main frame piece.
whenever I open up my repetir-host, the motors will not turn, on all motors it will just "echo:endstop hit" whenever I try to move them +
they wont move the opposite way either but they wont tell me endstops hit either.
im using marlin. this is my config.h file attached. please: what am I doing wrong?
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (14.8 KB)
Re: please help: endstop issues
June 24, 2015 08:03PM
oh and my endstop locations are:
Z: bottom, right side
X: left side
Y: Back, Left side
June 25, 2015 10:05AM
Hi Ryan, what sort of endstops are you using, optical or microswitch? Try moving all the axes away from the stops so that none of them should be triggered and send M119 to get the status. Now manually trigger one of the sensors and send M119 again. If the report shows the state for the axis has changed then the endstop is working, but you might need to invert it if it shows the wrong sense. If it doesn't change state then you either have a wiring problem or maybe need to turn on pullup resistors if you are using microswitches. Repeat for all axes.

Looking at your config, commenting out the pullups for the unused max endstops was probably a mistake - you want pullups on unused endstops to prevent the inputs from floating and giving false readings. That said, your config file looks very different to mine, so maybe there's somewhere that you have told it that max endstops are not being used.
June 26, 2015 10:43AM
Thanks JamesK, the problem was fixed when I went in marlin and defined disable max endstops.
But now my motors aren't moving at all, endstops are not triggered,
I tried both repetier and pronterface. They both show movement on the screen but my motors aren't budging, there's not even any noise coming from my ramps 1.4 sad smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login