Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa I3 acceleration

Posted by muilenta 
Prusa I3 acceleration
June 18, 2015 04:08AM
Hi All,
I used my professionally assembled Prusa I3 to print another I3, and put it together with a kit. The prints I'm getting are not nearly as good with it, and I've been playing with acceleration as I think that may be the issue. I searched around on acceleration but didn't see an recommendation other than someone saying they had to turn it down. So my question is, what is a good acceleration to use? I started with the default 3000, then turned it down to 1000, the control V print is still sloppy. Attached are a couple of prints at acceleration 1000. The one on the left is overextruded a bit, and the one on the right is underextruded a bit. Thanks in advance!

Tony
Attachments:
open | download - 20150618_003343s.jpg (225.4 KB)
open | download - 20150618_003322s.jpg (410.3 KB)
Re: Prusa I3 acceleration
June 18, 2015 10:08AM
Id look at retract settings and id say its overextruding.
Ive never seen hairs hanging off a part like that on the edges. What are your temps like for the hot end? Are you using PLA? if so do you have a fan cooling the print?
June 19, 2015 08:04PM
Some things to check...
Walls too thin try 3x nozzle size
Try .2mm layer
Top and bottom thickness = 2 to 3x layer height
There are ton of other settings though
And i think youre printing too slow. Start at 40mm/s

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2015 08:05PM by thetazzbot.
June 21, 2015 10:46PM
Hey, I realized I can use my LCD to compare the control settings. It turns out my feed rate speed was three times as high on my new printer. I'm pretty sure that is the problem because the printer was jerky. For future searchers, here is the line I changed:
#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE {120, 120, 2, 22} // (mm/sec)

Also, I only had a fan pointing to the print from the side before. I have a fan mounted on the extruder and pointing directly at the print now.

Tony
June 23, 2015 12:57AM
That was it. I also had a problem with the x axis skipping but fixed that by turning a potentiometer counterclockwise on the control board. The motor was also getting really hot before I did that.
Thanks,
Tony
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login