Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extrude more at start of line?

Posted by kkozel 
Extrude more at start of line?
June 17, 2015 02:57PM
I am trying to print a single layer word and the start of each letter is getting cut off. I am using a syringe extruder, but I think the principle should be the same as extruding plastic.

To solve this problem I am currently going into the gcode and manually adding an intermediate step or increasing the extrusion amount at the beginning of each letter, but I feel like there has to be a better way.

Is there a slic3r (or other slicing software) setting that can increase the amount of extrusion after a large x-y movement? After missing the initial part, the rest of the letter comes out perfectly, so I don't want to change many of my other parameters, just the start of each letter.

I don't know if this is possible, but I thought I'd ask to see if anyone else has encountered this or has any thoughts on how to fix this.
Re: Extrude more at start of line?
June 17, 2015 07:00PM
Looks like Slic3r's extra length on restart setting might do what you want? It's under printer settings/extruder 1
Re: Extrude more at start of line?
June 18, 2015 02:28PM
kkozel
I am trying to print a single layer word and the start of each letter is getting cut off. I am using a syringe extruder, but I think the principle should be the same as extruding plastic.

Would you mind sharing some pics of your setup? I'm really curious about your printer and syringe extruder... what are you printing with? pancake mix?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login