Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa i2 X axes problem

Posted by luka_d 
Prusa i2 X axes problem
June 14, 2015 02:56PM
Hi ,

Tried everything, from different software to thightening the belt and pulley,nothing helps
Any ideas?
Attachments:
open | download - IMG-20150614-WA0010 (Medium).jpeg (55 KB)
Re: Prusa i2 X axes problem
June 15, 2015 08:00AM
Hi all,

I checked that x carriage is thight on the bearings, belt is thight and i gave some power to x axis motor by turning the pot clockwise. Then I marked the pulley and the shaft of x axis motor to eliminate slippage and ran the print again... same thing...I'm running out of ideas so If anyone have any suggestions I would be gratefull.

Test prints run fine, even the 5 cm tall pillar is straight.

Thx
June 18, 2015 03:38AM
Tried to increase pots by a quater of circle but with no sucess, x axis is still sliding,should I consider switching stepper drivers?
June 19, 2015 12:51PM
That's a tough problem to figure out. I've built two I2's and thought I ran into every problem there was. Is your x motor running hot. Try swapping your x stepper with you y stepper and see if your problem shows up on the y. If no change try swapping out the x motor. You just have to keep trying different solutions and you will eventually solve that problem.
June 22, 2015 06:54PM
When i turned the pot up a bit again it is a bit warm but not hot.Thx for the advice i will try it out and let you know if it was solved
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login