Advanced

Slic3r settings for "Infill gaps to perimeter 02" issue

Posted by foul_owl 
Slic3r settings for "Infill gaps to perimeter 02" issue
June 13, 2015 06:03PM
Hi folks,

I'm having this issue:
[reprap.org]

However, that page doesn't mention which settings to try adjusting, and it doesn't say which way to go with those settings.

My extrusion width is 0.55, my infill/perimeter overlap is 50%, but I'm still seeing the issue. I tried changing my extrusion width from 0.5 to 0.55, and as a separate test, turned up the overlap from 35% to 50%.

Can you recommend other settings to tweak? Should I try a higher overlap setting? Higher extrusion width size? Lower extrusion width size? (Do I have it backwards? ie, it's the width of the track that the nozzle will follow, not the width of the actual output?)

Generally I'm seeing this issue on long, thin rectangles. There will be a very small (maybe 300 micron) gap between the sides of the rectangle. Specifically this part:
[www.thingiverse.com]

The rectangle that is sticking upwards has the issue. Is there a way to force 100% infill for small gaps? I feel like that might help.

Thanks!
Re: Slic3r settings for "Infill gaps to perimeter 02" issue
June 13, 2015 08:24PM
It would help greatly to know what printer, what hotend and even more importantly what nozzle size you are using. .55 or greater width would only be for a very large nozzle like .6mm or larger. A large nozzle would have a hard time with such small detail as the gear in your example.

I really can't make any recommendations until I know more about your machine (especially the nozzle size).
June 13, 2015 08:44PM
Ah gotcha. Prusa i3, .4 mm nozzle size. I was told to use 0.5 mm extrusion width.

Thanks!!
June 14, 2015 04:31AM
.4mm nozzle should really go no higher than .35mm
June 14, 2015 05:26AM
Ahh, so perhaps that is the cause of the infill gap issue?

Thanks!
June 14, 2015 07:58PM
Very likely. Best way to find out is to try it.
June 15, 2015 03:33AM
Hmm...with extrusion width set to 0.35 mm I'm having a problem with delamination. I had extrusion width set to default before I tried 0.5mm, and I was having those same delamination issues.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login